A tangy, crunchy rice and chicken salad eaten protein-style in a lettuce leaf. Your tastebuds and muscles will thank you. So will your husband, kids, friends, aunts, uncles, cousin Jimmy, your neighbor Gladys….
A tasty rice and chicken salad is wrapped in tender lettuce leaves for a fun lunch or light dinner.
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 scallion, white and green parts sliced
- 5 kalamata olives, minced
- 1½ cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Butter lettuce leaves
- Mix together the rice, walnuts, currants, shallot, scallion, olives and shredded chicken.
- In another bowl whisk together the vinegar, salt, lemon zest, honey, olive oil and parsley. Toss vinaigrette with the rice mixture and serve in butter lettuce leaves.