Chocolate bark gets a festive French makeover! If you wonder around Paris and make your way through every chocolate shop you see (which is what every food-obsessed gal does, right?), you’ll run across beautiful trays of little palettes. What you’re looking at is essentially chocolate bark, made the fancy French way!
Chocolate bark is one of the most delicious holiday treats, gifts and the best part, it’s easy to make. I wanted something just that simple, but a little more fancy, and easy-to-package and give.
I topped these holiday palettes with little bits of dried fruit, candied ginger, those beautiful green, already shelled Wonderful pistachios, and of course some little silver dragees and holiday sprinkles. The kids can also help. Spoon the white and dark chocolate onto parchment and let their little hands sprinkle and arrange the toppings.
When the chocolate set, I packaged little stacks in mini cellophane bags and tied them up. Very French Christmas if I do say so myself! Take that chocolate bark! Ohh la la!
A chic version of chocolate bark! The French call these little treats Palettes and they are simply fine chocolate with artfully arranged nuts and fruit. Stick to Wonderful pistachios and add some holiday sprinkles to make them your own.
- 4 oz (¾ cup) good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips, or chocolate bar
- 4 oz (¾ cup) good quality white chocolate chips, or chocolate bar
- ¼ cup Wonderful pistachios
- Dried fruit such as apricots, ginger, blueberries, bananas, plums, peaches, cranberries and cherries
- Sprinkles and silver dragées
- Melt chocolates in separate bowls. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Spoon 1 tbsp chocolate onto parchment for each palette. Chocolate will settle into a circle.
- Decorate each palette with pistachios, dried fruit and sprinkles, cutting fruit into slivers or pieces as needed. Chill palettes for 30 min. If packaging, package while cold. Serve.
This post may include sponsor mentions or affiliate links. For more information please see my disclosure policy.
Photography Tara Bench, unless where noted
Recipe Tara Bench