Even the simplest things can look fantastically impressive on the table with a little thought. These chicken skewers are great for dinner, but make such a fun party platter that they scream to be served in a giant circle for a crowd! And have you tasted sweet chili sauce? …with, like, everything!
These are great warm or at room temperature, so you’re set for a potluck, party or game day! [Insert favorite team cheer here]
Simple skewers of chicken, pineapple and tomatoes become a work of art when arranged in a sunburst on the platter.
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1½ lbs boneless chicken breast
- ¾ ripe pineapple, cut into small wedges
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- Cooking spray
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Combine the spices, garlic, salt, olive oil and lemon juice; stir into a paste.
- Slice the chicken into about 36 thin strips and place in a ziptop plastic bag with the spice paste. Seal the bag and turn the chicken to it gets well coated with the spices. Chill for 1 to 2 hr.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water, then thread each skewer with a piece of pineapple, a strip of chicken and a tomato. Heat grill to medium high. Spray chicken with cooking spray and then place on the grill. Cook just until done, turning once, 7 to 8 min total.
- Arrange on a round platter with a bowl of sweet chili sauce in the center for dipping.