The best homemade vanilla cupcakes recipe you will ever make. It’s easy and delicious with any frosting.
Basic recipes are the bomb! You know just what to make when the occasion arises–no sifting through cookbooks or pins. These vanilla cupcakes will be your go-to for every shower, school event, church function, weekend treat, baseball game, birthday party you name it!
They have a lovely buttery flavor that’s not overpowering. I use my Fluffy Vanilla Frosting and chocolate frostings on these cupcakes all the time. They’re great with coconut, cream cheese or flavored frostings too!
Unlike many vanilla cupcake recipes, this one doesn’t brown. Don’t look for a golden color as the cake bakes, if you see it they are overdone! They are beautiful blonde cupcakes, with a fine crumb and rich taste. Enjoy!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups whole milk
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Line cupcake pans with liners; set aside. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light, about 3 min. Add eggs and vanilla and combine, scraping sides of bowl. Stir in flour mixture and milk alternately in 3 parts, starting and ending with flour.
- Divide batter among liners; fill standard cups ¾ full and mini cups just below the top. Bake until tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 20 min for standard, 15 min for mini. Cupcakes will stay a light color, so don’t wait until they are golden. Cool completely on racks.
- Ice with Fluffy Vanilla Frosting and decorate with candies.
by Tara Bench