Get my free, exclusive e-magazine, Drinks & Smoothies, by subscribing here! It’s full of enticing cocktails, smoothies and spritzer recipes plus my product recipes and serving tips.
Turn the classic wedge salad into a main course by adding diced pancetta, roasted beets and protein-rich hazelnuts. Ingredients Instructions
Turn the classic wedge salad into a main course by adding diced pancetta, roasted beets and protein-rich hazelnuts.
You know what the Classic Wedge is. Your mind probably goes straight to rich blue cheese dressing and, if you’re lucky, crispy bacon bits. The iceberg lettuce is just the vehicle we wisely use to get the other ingredients into our mouths!
Change perfection? I think you will like where I’m going with this.
I made the iconic side salad worthy of a meal by swapping bacon for meaty pancetta and adding crunchy hazelnuts and roasted beets. Dress it with a tangy, lemon parsley vinaigrette, but don’t forget the blue cheese! Keep it classic with big, creamy pieces of Roquefort.
All the salty, rich, crunchy tastes we want…just new!
A slightly spicy and sweet pepper jelly is the secret to this ultimate chicken sandwich. Well…and the bacon!
Pounding the chicken thin before grilling makes it the perfect thickness for stacking…with bacon. No slicing and mess required.
Make sure you assemble these quickly, as cooked bacon laying around doesn’t last long. (wink)
These easy sandwiches mix a little salty bacon with sweet and spicy pepper jelly for the perfect combination.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cut in half horizontally
- Garlic salt and ground black pepper
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
- 8 slices country white bread, toasted
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp pepper jelly
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Heat grill, or grill pan to medium high. Pound chicken to create thin cutlets about ¼ inch thick. Season with garlic salt and pepper and grill until cooked through, 4 to 6 min. Place one cheese slice on top of each cutlet to melt.
- To make each sandwich, spread one piece of toast with mayonnaise and one piece with a generous layer of pepper jelly. Fill with chicken, bacon and arugula.