Green Chile Beef Tacos with black beans and corn are a one-pan meal perfect for a Game Day party or a weeknight dinner. These tacos come together in minutes in your nonstick skillet.
Crispy green chile and beef tacos in crispy shells save me the step of pulling out extra tortilla chips! That extra crunch of the shell makes every bite satisfying. And I certainly love that these crispy shells hold all the tasty toppings I can imagine.
These tacos are a fast and crowd-pleasing recipe for a game day party. Make a platter and let the football fans top their own.
I love a good taco, so I was happy to add to my collection of go-to taco recipes with this one. They usually come together pretty fast, and make for an easy dinner.
Making one pan tacos:
These Green Chile Beef tacos take just minutes to put together when I cook them in my nonstick, covered Circulon skillet. It’s large, at 12 inches, so it is perfect for browning my ground beef. The beef cooks evenly and quickly because of the generous surface area.
I often cook ground beef, chicken or turkey in a nonstick, high-sided skillet. I like that I can break it up and get it cooking in no time, rather than stirring piles of it in a smaller skillet. High-sided skillets are great because I’ll end up tossing in my other ingredients, and the tall sides hold all the deliciousness. A regular skillet also works, I just end up with piles of my food sliding off the sloped sides onto my stovetop!
You should cook in nonstick cookware:
The fastest way to put these beef tacos together is to use my. It’s their latest line in this forged, PFOA-free nonstick cookware collection. Mine is in the Nutmeg color, but these pans also come in black.
I am super picky about my non-stick cookware and always look for PFOA-free. The Circulon pans are also metal utensil safe. A huge deal for me because I don’t have to reach for my wood or plastic spatulas, I can use any tool that’s handy.
Cooking with Ultimum nonstick means nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan and all the caramelized bits stay right on each piece of food.
I can also use less oil when cooking with nonstick for the same reason. The raised circles on Circulon in particular, allow food to release from the bottom of the pan much easier than a flat, smooth surface.
Toppings are a tasty part of these Beef Tacos! I like to have two or three fun toppings on hand when I serve tacos. Here’s a list of some taco topping options:
- Chopped cilantro
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced avocado or guacamole
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Diced tomatoes
- Pickled red onions
- Hot sauce
- Sliced black olives
This taco filling is also great for taco salad. Simply swap the crunchy shells for chips and friends can make their own plate.
Green Chile Beef Tacos with Black Beans
- 1 ½ lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 4 oz cans green chiles
- 1 cup canned black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 16 crispy taco shells
- Lettuce, cheese, tomatoes
- Sour cream, avocado, cilantro
- In a large 12-inch Circulon skillet over medium-high heat cook ground beef, onions and garlic until beef is cooked through, breaking up into small pieces with a spatula, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir together the oregano, chili powder, cumin, coriander and cornstarch. Add to the beef and stir to coat. Add the green chiles and cover the pan to cook about 2 minutes until any juices have thickened. Stir in black beans and corn.
- Serve in taco shells with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, avocado, cilantro and pickled onions if desired. Meat mixture can be made ahead and/or stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Main Dish Recipes
- Ham and Pea Pasta with Parmesan and Basil
- 101 Best Bacon Recipes
- The Best Recipe for Turkey Pot Pie with Gravy
- Corn and Chorizo Tacos
- Vegetarian Meatballs With Harissa Are The Best Meatless Meatballs
- Beef Tenderloin with Fresh Cranberry Relish
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Poutine with Sweet Potato Fries
- How To Grill Pork Tenderloin: Topped with Goat Cheese, Rosemary, and Honey
Recipe and Styling by Tara Teaspoon. Photography by Ty Mecham.