was successfully added to your cart.

Why is it suggested that mushrooms be cleaned off with a wet paper towel instead of rinsing them off under running water?

By August 23, 2018

Mushrooms are like little sponges! Rinsing them in water, or worse, soaking them in a bowl of water, just gives them a chance to drink up excess water like a dry dish sponge would. Because mushrooms already have a lot of water in their makeup, you typically give the moisture time to cook off, or add less liquid to a recipe if it’s being baked with mushrooms. Rinsing them in water simply adds more, which in most cases we don’t want!

Comment on this FAQ

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.