These party kabobs are easy and impressive. They are perfect for a potluck or buffet because you can serve them at room temperature!
Anytime a friend is throwing an event, whether it be a shower, birthday or just cocktails, I get asked the question "What would be easy to make?"
Party food has to be thought of in a different way than your everyday dinner dishes. These types of gatherings are usually buffet style as well, so they aren't
your basic dinner party. Food needs to be easy (who has time to prepare for 2 days or sit and cut the giant cheese wheels from Costco into bits?!) and tasty at room temperature. Bonus if they are transportable and pretty, Am I Right?
My first answer to my questioning friends is usually chicken! Chicken party kabobs of course. Chicken can be seasoned with anything, served in any shape or size, and it's great at room temperature. These nutty, lemony kabobs are even more ideal because they can be eaten sans utensils. With your hands people!
Party kabobs are a simple way to prep ahead and have great finger food for the guests.
They can be made on the grill, or a grill pan or even broiled. They're super transportable and my goodness they look pretty on a buffet.
I love the look of the sage leaves on each piece. So stunning. The lemon on the end of the skewer adds some class if I do say so myself. I always like a little sweet with my savory so I brush these tasty bites with honey while they are hot. This does many things beyond delicious flavor; it helps the crushed pine nuts to stick to each piece, as well as acting as a glaze so the little chickens look beautiful.
Nutty Lemon and Chicken Party Kabobs
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 lemons sliced in to ½-inch wedges
- 24 8-inch wooden skewers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 24 sage leaves
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 tbsp pine nuts toasted
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Slice chicken breasts lengthwise into ½- to ¾ -inch-thick slices.
- Thread lemon wedges and chicken strips onto skewers. Drizzle both sides with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Place a sage leaf on each piece of chicken. Grill 6 to 7 min per side until cooked through. Brush hot skewers with honey.
- Use a rolling pin to crush pine nuts, then sprinkle over kabobs.
- Easy and impressive, this dish is perfect for a potluck because you can serve it at room temperature.
My new delicious and easy chicken recipes
- Crunchy Chicken Noodle Salad
- Fattoush Salad Recipe with Lemon Chicken, Dates, and Almonds
- The Best Mexican Meatballs With Chipotle And Adobo
- Slow Cooker Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken With Rice)
- Creamy Tomato Soup with Chicken
- Mediterranean Chicken and Rice Lettuce Wraps
- Real Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Healthy Chicken Taco Lettuce Wraps with Black Beans and Veggies