Slow Cooker Turkey Vegetable Meatloaf is a dinner phenomenon. So easy, juicy, flavorful and healthy to boot!
Dinner is easy tonight. It’s also healthy and low-fat! Perfect for pre-holiday eating. At least that’s what my scale told me last night–Oh boy!
I shredded carrots, onions and zucchini and mixed it in to the lean ground turkey. Those veggies add extra moisture and juiciness to the turkey, which can often be dry.
Some more delicious, pantry-staple seasonings like Worcestershire sauce, chicken broth and Italian herbs add balanced flavor. I love that you can cook it right in the slow cooker, feeling good about jetting out to pick up the kids or run errands without having the oven on.
Easy to make and easy to clean up. Slow Cooker Turkey Vegetable Meatloaf for the win!
Line your slow cooker with foil for this turkey meatloaf. You could also use a slow-cooker liner, but the foil is a bit sturdier and easy to lift out when the meatloaf is done. You’ll also want an oval shaped slow cooker. If you have a round one, don’t despair, you can just form the turkey meatloaf into a circle instead of a loaf! The oval shape allows you to make the loaf shape so your meatloaf looks like mom’s from the oven!
Isn’t the best part of a meatloaf the sticky sweet topping? I loved that when I was a kid. I mixed a little tomato paste and apricot jam together for this one. The zing of ketchup was too much, but the richness of tomato paste and jam was just right.
Serve this with a salad, some mashed or roasted potatoes or even seasoned brown rice. It’s a healthy meal the entire family will love.
Slow Cooker Turkey Vegetable Meatloaf is a dinner phenomenon. So easy, juicy, flavorful and healthy to boot! This lean turkey meat loaf is packed with fresh veggies, which add nutrients and keep it moist.
- 1¼ lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 medium onion grated
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 small zucchini grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- 4 tbsp low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce 2 tbsp plus 1/2 tsp
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup apricot jam
- Press a 24-inch-long piece of nonstick aluminum foil, dull side up, into a 6-qt slow cooker, leaving the ends hanging over the sides. In a large bowl combine turkey, onion, carrot, zucchini, garlic, egg, oats, 2 tbsp broth, 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Form mixture into a 9-by-5-inch loaf and place in slow cooker. Cover and cook 2½ hr on high or 4 hr on low.
- Using the foil, carefully lift meat loaf out and transfer to a platter. Whisk together tomato paste, jam, ½ tsp Worcestershire and 2 tbsp broth and brush mixture on top of meat loaf.
- Line your slow cooker with foil for this turkey meatloaf. You could also use a slow-cooker liner, but the foil is a bit sturdier and easy to lift out when the meatloaf is done