This Crispy Lemon Fish is easy to bake in the oven, and with a side of Parmesan Fries it’s sure to please the dinner crew.
This healthy and simple baked lemon fish recipe is topped with citrus and herb-seasoned breadcrumbs. Baked fries get a sprinkling of Parmesan as the perfect accompaniment.
Fish and Chips
I love fish and chip combos, but sometimes want a healthier version without all of the frying. With this baked fish recipe, you still get the crispy texture and a ton of fresh flavor.
I used fresh herbs and lemon zest, but feel free to use dried herbs (fresh do give an extra boost of flavor). Olive oil instead of butter to coat the breadcrumbs keep this dish on the healthy side.
The frozen fries are pretty awesome too! They bake in the same oven as the lemon fish, which makes it so easy!
Make this lemon fish right in the oven. Get a crispy coating using herbed bread crumbs.
This recipe calls for white fish. Since there are many different kinds, I recommend using 4 medium sized fillets or 8 small fillets.
White fish is not a type of fish – it just means mildly flavored, firm or flakey fish and it’s usually not very expensive. The most popular kinds of white fish that you’ll find at your bulk market or the grocery store are tilapia, cod, bass, haddock, catfish and snapper.
They are all great for frying, sautéing, chowders and baking. Hope you enjoy this easy and healthy dish…it’s one of my favorite baked fish recipes!
Click over to see my favorite sheet pan for baking in the oven!
Crispy Lemon Fish Baked with Parmesan Fries
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium fish fillets, skinless or 8 small firm white fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice plus lemon wedges for serving
- 24 oz package frozen fries
- ⅓ cup finely grated Parmesan
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, parsley, dill, salt and olive oil. Line a baking sheet with parchment and place fish on the baking sheet. Drizzle fish with lemon juice and season with extra salt.
- Heat oven to 400ºF and center two racks. Cook fries according to package directions.
- When the fries have about 10 minutes left, add the lemon fish to the lower rack in the oven. Remove fries when done but continue to cook fish until just cooked through, about 15 minutes total. Remove and heat broiler.
- Place baked fish under broiler about 1 minute until breadcrumbs are browned and crisp. Toss fries with Parmesan and serve with fish, lemon wedges and tartar sauce on the side.
Love a Mediterranean diet? Here are some more fish recipes to keep things light and delicious:
Main Dish Recipes
- Ham and Pea Pasta with Parmesan and Basil
- 101 Best Bacon Recipes
- The Best Recipe for Turkey Pot Pie with Gravy
- Corn and Chorizo Tacos
- Vegetarian Meatballs With Harissa Are The Best Meatless Meatballs
- Beef Tenderloin with Fresh Cranberry Relish
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Poutine with Sweet Potato Fries
- How To Grill Pork Tenderloin: Topped with Goat Cheese, Rosemary, and Honey
Recipe and styling Tara Teaspoon. Photography Ty Mecham. Originally published on Iheartnaptime.net.