Green Beans with Artichokes and Capers is a simple, stove-top side dish for any great meal. Whether it's grilling season or the holidays, these beans are simple and flavorful.
For many people, being called fast and easy has an unwelcome connotation. Not for me, I love the description. Is 10 minutes too fast for you? I’m talking about cooking dinner people! Geez!
Like a respectable lady, I know how to make it fast and super easy, when it comes to whipping up a side dish. Especially for Thanksgiving, this stove-top-only side dish is quite perfect. It only takes 10 minutes, including the measuring, chopping and cooking.
Ready to start the timer?
Green Beans With Artichokes And Capers
- 3 tbsp olive oil plus more for serving
- 1 pkg (9 oz) frozen artichokes thawed
- 1 pkh (1 lb) trimmed haricots verts green beans
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 to 2 tsp lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add artichokes and cook, without turning, until golden brown on one side, about 4 min. Add beans, garlic and salt on top of artichokes, reduce heat to medium high and cover pan with lid or foil. Steam 3 to 5 min, then gently toss everything together with zest and capers.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and extra olive oil to taste before serving.
Awesome Side Dish Recipes!
- Butternut Squash and Kale with Brown Rice and Pomegranates
- A Collection Of The Best Summer Pasta Salad Recipes
- Sweet and Super Moist Gluten-Free Cornbread
- Homemade Soft and Sweet Cornbread
- Choose Your Favorite: Easy Recipes For Potato Salad
- The Best Easter Dinner Side Dishes