The meat you've been missing can take center stage for dinner tonight. The delicious reasons you should be eating lamb kabobs.
Zesty marinated meat and veggies make these lamb kabobs a delicious summer meal. Serve with warm flatbread and you have a dinner no one can resist.
Quick-click Table of Contents:
This dinner is irresistible, because: lamb! Lamb is a favorite dish in many parts the world, more so than here in the states. It's no wonder why, lamb is tender and flavorful.
Sustainably raised lamb
Because lambs are so adaptable, they're raised in every state in the country. That means fresh local lamb is available year round, and probably close to you.
My friend Susan eats an inspiring clean diet and most often chooses lamb at restaurants or where she can't get locally sourced beef or pork because it's almost guaranteed to be local and raised well.
Is lamb hard to cook?
And if you're intimidated by cooking with lamb, don't be! The methods are usually exactly the same as cooking beef or pork. It's juicy, full of flavor and takes on the tastes of spices and marinades like a charm!
My marinade for these lamb kabobs is a mixture of lemon juice and red wine vinegar, plus herbs, salt and olive oil. Mixing citrus juice and vinegar punches up the acidity of the marinade, which intensifies the flavor.
I have you reserve some of the marinade to use as a vinaigrette on the veggies too. The flavors all meld perfectly.
Can I prepare this ahead?
You can prepare the kabobs early in the day and they will be ready to lay on the grill when you are!
I grill the flatbread just for a minute when the meat and veggies are almost done. Use the bread as a side, or leave it whole and make a little lamb, veggie sandwich wrap right in the grilled bread.
Tell me how you like these tasty summer kabobs, and if there's a favorite way you love to cook lamb!
More kabob, or kebab recipes:
So many possibilities for a summer evening and so easy, too! You might also like Sunshine Chicken Skewers. Big and little children will like eating dinner from a stick!
Lemon Herb Lamb Kabobs And Summer Vegetable
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 to 2¼ lbs boneless lamb leg trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium zucchini or summer squash cut into ½-inch-thick pieces, (or yellow pattypan squash, pre-coooked in boiling water for 3 min)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 6 pieces flatbread
- Stir together vinegar, lemon juice, oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Reserve ⅓ cup, then combine meat with remaining mixture and marinate in fridge for 1 to 4 hrs.
- Heat grill to medium high. Discard marinade and thread meat onto skewers; thread zucchini and tomatoes onto separate skewers and brush with reserved sauce. Grill until meat is cooked, about 10 min for medium-rare or 12 min for medium. Cook zucchini until just tender, about 10 min, and grill tomatoes until just soft and skin is cracking, 2 min.
- Brush meat and vegetables with more of the reserved sauce and serve with flatbread.
Try these finger-licking-good BBQ recipes
- Homemade BBQ Meatball Subs In Under An Hour
- North Carolina Pulled Pork Recipe
- Memphis Smoked Bologna Sandwich
- Kansas City Style Ribs Recipe To Make On Your Grill
- Memphis BBQ Sauce
- Terrific 10 Ingredient BBQ Rub From Your Pantry
Recipe by Tara Teaspoon. Photograph Antonis Achilleos •. Food Stylist Anne Disrude. Prop Stylist . LHJ July 09