Black and white chocolate chip cookies get a Halloween candy twist with leftover loot from Trick or Treating.
Listen friends. I have a solution to a problem you didn't know you had.
What to do with all that Halloween candy! (other than eat it that is.)
Chop it up and stuff in into black and white buttery cookies.
Mic drop. My work here is done.
I took my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and added a cocoa half to this treat, plus plenty of Halloween candy and salty pretzels. It is a MONSTER of a cookie.
Make Halloween cookies everyone can get into. Whether you like chocolate or vanilla, black or white, chocolate or candy, these drop cookies have it all.
Monster Halloween Cookies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (1½ sticks ) at room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 2 cups chopped candy bars M&M's, Whoppers and other chocolate candy
- ½ cup broken pretzel pieces
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. In a mixing bowl cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Stir in the salt, baking soda and flour until dough forms. Remove and reserve half of the dough. Blend cocoa with dough remaining in mixing bowl.
- 2. Gently fold ¾ cup of the candy into the vanilla dough and ¾ cup into the chocolate dough. Use a cookie scoop to make balls of each dough. Cut balls in half; combine a vanilla half and a chocolate half to form each cookie. Press cookies down slightly on baking sheets and top with remaining ½ cup candy and pretzel pieces. Bake until light golden around the edges and still soft in the center, 12 to 13 min. Cool on baking sheet for 2 min, then remove to cool completely. Makes 16 cookies.
Spooky & Fun Halloween Recipes
- No-Bake Cookies for Halloween - Easy Graham Cracker Sandwiches with Sprinkles
- 25 Halloween Cakes and Cupcakes
- 35 Halloween Desserts and Treat Ideas
- Homemade Halloween Treats
- Halloween Spiderweb Caramel Apples
- Pumpkin Marshmallows on Cupcakes
Recipes by Tara Teaspoon. Originally pub LHJ 10/13. Photography William Brinson. Prop Styling Michelle Wong. Food Styling Christine Albano