Creamy Chicken Mushroom Pasta touts plenty of flavor, sweet peas and can be made in minutes. Use a rotisserie chicken to make this quick meal.
I usually don't call out "30-minute" recipes. Those weeknight meals so many publications and sites advertise. Most recipes take more than 30 minutes because there is prep time; chopping, assembling, and reading the recipe several times over! But, I'll call this one out. It can almost be done in the time you bring water to a boil and cook the pasta!
As perfect as this is for a family weeknight meal, it's understood that some kids are picky. I was! No mushrooms for me! (I was well into adulthood before I'd even politely eat them when socially necessary!) So make this recipe your own. Leave something out and add something else. Zucchini would be great, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, or spinach would all be delicious.
How to make Chicken Mushroom Pasta:
Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water. In the time it takes to cook and drain the pasta your toppings will almost be done.
- Cook pasta.
- Sauté mushrooms.
- Add cream and reduce.
- Stir in shredded chicken, peas and Parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper and add parsley.
- Stir together with the pasta.
Make this tasty pasta dish in minutes for a great weeknight meal. Packed with roasted chicken, mushrooms and sweet peas.
Using rotisserie chicken makes this meal easy:
Getting a few rotisserie chickens at the grocery store at the beginning of the week makes dinner really easy for several nights. This chicken mushroom chicken is one example. Here are other recipes that can use rotisserie chicken to speed preparation.
Spinach and Chicken Enchilada Casserole
You can also roast your own chicken, or simply use the Instant Pot or multi cooker Instant Pot or multi cooker to cook chicken breasts. Just shred them and keep the shredded chicken airtight in the fridge until ready to use.
Mushroom Chicken Cream Pasta
- 1 pkg (14-oz) Whole-wheat pasta
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb white button mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1½ cups cooked rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 box (10 oz) frozen peas thawed
- ½ cup (2 oz shredded) Parmigiano-Reggiano plus more for serving
- 4 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt butter with oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, reduce heat to medium and sauté until softened and just starting to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Add cream and simmer over high heat until reduced slightly, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken, peas and cheese. Remove from heat; salt and pepper to taste. Toss with pasta and 2 tablespoons parsley. Transfer to a large serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley. Serve with additional cheese on the side.
Main Dish Recipes
About Tara Teaspoon
I’ve been in the food publishing business for over 20 years, creating recipes & food-styling for magazines, books, television & advertising. Order my new cookbook & stick around for amazing things to eat.
Recipe and Food Styling by Tara Bench. Originally published in LHJ 01/08. Photography Amy Kaylyn Sims. Prop Styling Barb Fritz
Mary Bench says
Must try this one!