I wouldn't complain if this was all I had to eat for a month.
Actually that is not true. I would complain about not having bacon, and chocolate chip cookies.
I felt I needed to make a blanket statement there. To get the point across that I really like eating this delicious toast. There's a little heat in the chutney from red pepper flakes and a pleasant sweetness from cinnamon and ginger. Yes! Cinnamon and ginger with tomatoes!
Tomato Chutney Toast with Ricotta and Honey
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cups (2 lb) chopped tomatoes or 4 cups drained chopped canned tomatoes
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- French bread
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 diced onion and garlic; cook until soft, about 8 min. Add tomatoes, red pepper, ginger, cinnamon and kosher salt; simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens, 20 to 25 min (less time if using canned tomatoes). Remove from heat and cool. Serve on grilled or toasted slices of French bread spread with ricotta and a drizzle of honey. Chutney keeps chilled for up to 5 days.
- Gluten-Free Orange Rolls Made Like Muffins
- The Best Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
- Quick and Easy Cinnamon Rolls No Yeast Needed!
- How To Make A Soft Fluffy Cinnamon Roll Recipe With Milk Bread
- Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich with Ham and Chutney
- Savory Bacon Mushroom Strata Recipe
Recipe by Tara Teaspoon
I’ve been in the food publishing business for over 20 years, creating recipes and food styling for magazines, books, television and advertising. Find out more about me!