A breakfast biscuit recipe with sliced ham, grainy mustard and sweet chutney is perfect for a crowd. An easy way to use leftover ham from your holiday dinner.
Quick-click Table of Contents:
Make ham biscuits for breakfast with leftover ham from your holiday dinner.
What an easy way to please a crowd! Chutney and mustard add to the deliciousness.
The best breakfast biscuit sandwich
A light and fluffy biscuit, topped with savory fillings and a hint of sweet and cream makes for one of the best breakfast sandwiches around.
Mixing my salty, sweet and delicious spiral cut ham recipe with my Fluffy Herb Biscuits is a match made in heaven. I didn't want to top this breakfast sandwich with the typical egg, so I opted for cream and condiments.
My cream of choice? Mascarpone, a sweet, thick cream from Italy that is like clotted cream from England. It's not overpowering and perfect with the fluffy biscuits.
Leftover ham recipes
This is what I call the best way to use leftover ham. Sure there's split pea soup, yum! Or my Mini Ham and Gruyere Turnovers, like little hand pies. But a breakfast biscuit sandwich is divine.
I have a slew of fantastic Christmas dinner party ideas for entertaining and these sandwiches make a great breakfast for your holiday crowd.
If you're looking for a dinner recipe to use your leftover holiday ham in, I do love my classic Jambalaya made in one skillet.
Made with ricotta
You can use any biscuit recipe for these ham breakfast sandwiches. There's no ham in the actual biscuit! Just fluffy layers of soft dough.
I added dill to my baking powder biscuits and find that herby flavor goes with so many things – even a dollop of jam!
Ricotta in biscuits adds lightness to the texture. The milk solids from the soft curds help the biscuits achieve a lovely golden brown color while cooking.
As with traditional baking powder biscuits you still use the blending method of cutting the butter into the flour and leavening, then gently fold in the liquid ingredients. These ingredients just happen to include fluffy ricotta!
Day-Starters: Breakfast & Brunch Recipes
- One Banana Banana Bread
- Eggs in Purgatory with Chorizo
- Gluten-Free Orange Rolls Made Like Muffins
- The Best Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
- Quick and Easy Cinnamon Rolls No Yeast Needed!
- How To Make A Soft Fluffy Cinnamon Roll Recipe With Milk Bread
- Savory Bacon Mushroom Strata Recipe
- Southwest Frittata with Black Beans
Let me know how you like these easy ham biscuits. They are perfect for your breakfast crowd, anytime of year.
Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich with Ham and Chutney
- 1 recipe Dill Ricotta Biscuits
- 10 slices cooked ham from a spiral cut ham
- ⅓ cup grainy mustard
- ½ cup mango chutney Major Gray's
- 1 container mascarpone
- Make biscuits, cutting them into squares if desired. Make 20 small squares.
- Slice biscuits in half and spread with several teaspoons of mascarpone. Add a spoonful of chutney and a little mustard.
- Cut ham into small pieces to fit on biscuits and layer on each sandwich. Serve immediately.
Photos Peter Ardito & Tara Teaspoon. Food Styling Paul Grimes & Tara Teaspoon. Prop Styling Penelope Bouklas & Tara Teaspoon.
Originally published in LHJ0414.