Chicken Bites Christmas Wreath appetizer will be the show-stopping centerpiece of your holiday buffet!
I'm always looking for that appetizer to take to a holiday pot luck or serve at my cookie swap. I want something savory, flavorful and actually stunning!
My wish list keeps going since I need something easy. Starting with frozen chicken bites is the first smart move to making something tasty and simple!
I baked Farm Rich Chicken Bites according to package directions and made a simple cranberry dipping sauce. Arranging the tasty bites in a wreath and "decorating" it with edible decor and and orange bow makes this appetizer super festive.
A Chicken bites Christmas wreath appetizer is a great savory snack for a cookie swap or any holiday gathering.
While the chicken bites cook in the oven, you can make the sauce by simmering canned cranberry sauce with cranberry juice. The tangy sweet sauce is perfect with the chicken. Crunchy pecans, dried cranberries and little mozzarella pearls make awesome edible accoutrements! If you can't find mozzarella pearls at your market, simply cut a block of mozz, or ball of fresh mozz, into small dice. The pop of white cheesiness is what you're going for!
I love the added touch of a bow to the wreath. It had to be edible! Use a slice of fresh orange and cut two triangles for the bow. Add a little square of peel for the center and arrange on the edge of the wreath. Make sure to serve the extra sauce on the side for dipping.
Chicken Bites Christmas Wreath Appetizer
- 1 pkg FarmRich Chicken Bites
- 1 can cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup cranberry juice
- Mozzarella balls
- Dried cranberries
- Flat-leaf parsley
- 1 orange
- Bake a package of Chicken Bites according to package directions, reserving the included sauce for another use.
- Combine ½ cup of canned cranberry sauce and ¼ cup cranberry juice in a small saucepan, bring to a simmer. Stir to combine until sauce is smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Arrange chicken bites on a platter in a wreath shape and drizzle with the cranberry sauce. Place pearl-sized mozzarella balls, or diced mozzarella, dried cranberries and toasted pecans over the chicken bites. Sprinkle with dried cranberries and chopped parsley. Make a bow using an orange slice and serve with the extra cranberry sauce for dipping.
I am a huge fan of Farm Rich snacks. I develop a lot of recipes and hacks for their site and it’s fun to see what tasty snacks you can create from their products. Check out a ton of my other hacks, inspiration and recipes for entertaining and Christmas on the site here!
Appetizers, Nibble and Finger Foods
- Vegetarian Meatballs With Harissa Are The Best Meatless Meatballs
- French Onion Phyllo Cups: Tartlets with Gruyere and Pickled Pomegranates
- Tailgating Kabobs For Game Day
- Vegetable Spring Rolls with Sweet and Sour Mint Sauce
- 15 Mind Blowing Fruit Salsa Recipes
- The Best Holiday Appetizer - Christmas Tree Lettuce Wraps
Recipe by Susan Vajaranant & Tara Teaspoon. Photography Tara Bench