The new 7 layer dip recipe takes the quintessential party food and makes it the most impressive app you’ll ever serve.
• • •
Seven layer dip is the quintessential party food. Just try to think of a gathering with seven layer dip that bombed. You can’t! They all rocked!
Step by step visuals are below lest you are befuddled. If you get too much praise, admiration and attention from fellow party goers when you set this beauty on the table–feel free to blame me.
Family inspired, (thanks Aunt Ruth), my technique for serving this heavenly snack makes it as gorgeous as it is delicious. The first three layers get stacked one on top of the other and the remaining four (check my math) are arranged bullseye-style in the center. Scoop from the outside in to get all seven genius layers on your plate.
All the delicious flavors are still there. Spicy bean dip is mixed with refried beans to make the base super flavorful. You can make your own guacamole or get a container of already prepared. The smooth sour cream layer gets a zesty mix of taco seasoning, which makes every bite perfection.
The new 7 layer dip takes an old favorite and makes it the showpiece of your table.
Making the dip on a round platter, and creating a bulls-eye pattern with the layers is gorgeous and impressive. All the beautiful ingredients aren’t hidden in a deep dish. I love a round platter like this one. But even a cake stand would work!
The new 7 layer dip recipe takes the quintessential party food and makes it the most impressive app you'll ever serve.
- 1 cup mild or spicy bean dip
- 1 16- oz can refried beans
- 1½ cups 12-oz pkg prepared guacamole
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2½ tsp taco seasoning mix
- 1½ cups seeded and diced tomatoes
- 3 scallions white and green parts chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small can sliced black olives chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded Cheddar
- Corn Chips for dipping
- Mix together the bean dip and refried beans until smooth and spread in a thin layer on a large round platter, 12 to 13 inches in diameter.
- Carefully spread the guacamole over the top, leaving a small rim of beans around the edge.
- Mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning and gently spread on top of the guacamole, leaving a border around the edge.
- Arrange a ring of chopped tomatoes about ¼ inch in from the edge of the sour cream layer. Mix together the scallions, cilantro and jalapeño and arrange in a ring inside the tomatoes.
- Finish with a ring of chopped olives, then put the shredded cheese in the center. Serve with corn chips.
Make this up to 5 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
Need more party platters? Try some of my great nibbles and bites that feed a crowd.
Sunshine Chicken Skewers with pineapple get marinated and grilled for a delicious app or side.
Posh Piggies are my take on the classic pigs in a blanket! They are easy and pleasy for that party crowd!