Crunchy Chicken Noodle Salad with juicy oranges, radishes and snow peas makes eating salad your new favorite thing!
By adding some crunchy ramen noodles to this Asian-inspired salad, you get a more-filling, fun meal. There are a few recipes for ramen noodle salads out there, using different dressings and flavors. I love fresh veggies and cabbage with sesame dressings. That Asian flavor isn't overpowering like an Italian vinaigrette, and I usually have the ingredients for it in my pantry. I used my Ginger Sesame Dressing on this version.
I saved us all about ten steps by calling for coleslaw mix! You're welcome. This Crunchy Chicken Noodle Salad comes together in a flash with pantry staples like ramen and salad mix. I added chopped cashews for extra yum.
I call for letting the salad rest in the fridge for a bit. This allows the dressing to soften the noodles a little. They are just a little too crunchy without resting. I used a mandolin to slice my radishes so thin. You can just slice with a knife if you like, or even just cut them into slivers.
To cut the orange I supremed it. That means I cut the fruit away from the membrane. Simply cut the rind off of the entire orange and cut on either side of each slice of orange, slipping it right out. I then just cut the slices into bite-sized pieces.
Crunchy Chicken Noodle Salad
- 1 pkg ramen noodles discard flavor packet
- 1½ cups cooked chicken diced
- 6 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 orange peeled and diced
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 5 oz snow peas (1 cup) chopped
- ½ cup cashews coarsely chopped unsalted
- 1 pkg coleslaw mix (16 oz pkg)
- ¾ cup Ginger Sesame Dressing
- Break uncooked ramen into small pieces in a large bowl. Combine with chicken, radishes, orange, scallion, snow peas, cashews and coleslaw.
- Toss salad with dressing, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 25 min or up to 1 hr. Noodles will get softer the longer they sit.
Awesome Side Dish Recipes!
- Butternut Squash and Kale with Brown Rice and Pomegranates
- A Collection Of The Best Summer Pasta Salad Recipes
- Sweet and Super Moist Gluten-Free Cornbread
- Homemade Soft and Sweet Cornbread
- Choose Your Favorite: Easy Recipes For Potato Salad
- The Best Easter Dinner Side Dishes
Right now I'm on a salad diet! I went on a trip and ate too too much! So...salad for me. But I have lots of great recipes, so if you're in the same boat, or just love fresh dinners for summer, try The New Wedge Salad, with iceberg lettuce, beets, pancetta, hazelnuts and of course blue cheese. Chicken and Rice Lettuce Wraps are kind of a salad you can eat in your hand! I made a flavorful rice salad and you wrap your own portion in soft butter lettuce leaves. Enjoy!