Make an easy chicken lettuce wrap that will change your meal routine to awesome. I add chicken and a creamy fruit dressing to make this recipe outstanding.
Lettuce wraps are a great way to mix up your salad routine (no forks needed!).
How to make a lettuce wrap that will shake up your salad routine!
I took Romaine leaves and filled them with cucumbers, julienned snow peas and haricovert (that's tiny green beans in food speak!), with shaved red cabbage and herbs.
I made a grilled chicken lettuce wrap by topping the salad off with sliced chicken. You can use beans or chickpeas in place of the chicken too.
I drizzled them with Bitten Salad Dressing (a new line of dressings from Kraft) for a creamy, and fruity addition in the pictures. The fruit flavor is so complementary but unexpected.
What to serve with lettuce wraps:
Try this lettuce wrap idea with my other dressings. Make a vinaigrette from one of these salad recipes and serve it on the lettuce wraps.
Grilled chicken lettuce wraps are more fun to eat than salad!
Lettuce cups are a great way to mix up your salad routine, and being able to customize them makes all the difference.
You don't need to worry about what to serve with lettuce wraps because you can add any of the veggies you have in the fridge, different herbs and even swap up the proteins.
You can make these lettuce wraps vegetarian! I made this a grilled chicken lettuce wrap, but you can add sliced grilled steak, or make it vegan and by adding beans or chickpeas.
If you opt for a different dressing than the Bitten Salad Dressing with fruit, you may want to add some fruit to your fresh lettuce wraps.
Sliced mango, strawberries, pomegranate arils or even just slices of crisp apple would be great. They all go well with the other ingredients.
Love eating salad out of hand? Here are some of the best lettuce wraps to keep the meals going all week.
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Caribbean Mango & Avocado Lettuce Wraps
- Andouille Sausage and Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Creamy Fruit Dressing
- 1 large head romaine lettuce washed
- 1 cup snow peas stems trimmed
- ¾ cup green beans or haricovert, stems trimmed (one small handful)
- 2 small Persian cucumbers
- ¼ head red cabbage
- 2 grilled chicken breasts sliced
- Your favorite dressing creamy or fruity
- 3 tablespoon chopped scallions or chives
- Pull leaves from romaine to get 8 whole leaves for wraps, set aside.
- Slice snow peas lengthwise into thin strips. Cut larger green beans in half lengthwise.
- Trim ends from cucumber and cut into thin sticks. Slice red cabbage thinly.
- Toss vegetables together and arrange in the lettuce leaves. Top with a few slices of grilled chicken. Drizzle with dressing and top with chopped chives to serve.
My new delicious and easy chicken recipes
Tara Teaspoon. Photography Ty Mecham. 8/19