This mozzarella sticks turkey snack hack has all the kids gobbling up tasty veggies and cheese. A cute way to celebrate the season!
Turkey time for all! I love a fun way to eat afternoon snacks and this one is all about the holiday. Kids will love to see this as their after school snack or pre-school party.
These Bites are a genius way to get creative with your snacking. Par for the season I went with a colorful turkey! For the littles it gives you a chance to talk about all the beautiful colors a turkey might have on on their feathers, and how we can eat colorful food to stay healthy! Bell pepper feathers are a good start! (wink).and
For those of us who just love a good snack, the mix of cheesy Farm Rich mozzarella sticks and a tasty mozzarella bite are perfect with a few veggies on the side.
Snack happy with mozzarella sticks and veggies this Thanksgiving!
Mozzarella sticks and sliced bell peppers make the tasty feathers and a mozzarella bite makes the body. I cooked the frozen snacks according to package directions and then arranged everything on a plate. The little turkey legs are pretzel bits and the beak is a triangle of yellow cheese. Make the little waddle from a slice of roasted red pepper (I just had a jar in the fridge!).
I made the eyes using straws! Cut black eyeballs with a small straw from canned black olives. (Just blow on one end to get the little pieces out!). The whites of the eyes are cut from a slice of provolone cheese. (You could also use cooked egg white here, from a boiled egg).
Serve with some warmed marinara sauce for dipping. Happy snacking and happy Thanksgiving!
Mozzarella Sticks Turkey Snack Hack
- ½ box Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks
- 2 Farm Rich Mozzarella Bites
- Colored bell peppers sliced
- 1 slice Provolone
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 black olive
- 1 piece roasted red pepper
- Marinara for dipping
- Bake Mozzarella Sticks and Bites according to package directions. Arrange ½ the sticks and colored bell pepper slices around a baked Mozzarella Bite.
- Make eyes by cutting small circles from provolone cheese and black olives using drinking straws. The beak is a piece of American cheese and the waddle is a piece of roasted red pepper. Little pretzel pieces make the feet.
- Serve with marinara for dipping
I am a huge fan of Farm Rich snacks. I develop a lot of recipes and hacks for their site and it’s fun to see what tasty snacks you can create from their products. Check out a ton of my other hacks, inspiration and recipes for entertaining and holidays on the site here!
Appetizers, Nibble and Finger Foods
- Moroccan Lamb Meatballs With Apricot Glaze
- Baba Ganoush Recipe Loaded with Roasted Veggies
- Vegetarian Meatballs With Harissa Are The Best Meatless Meatballs
- French Onion Phyllo Cups: Tartlets with Gruyere and Pickled Pomegranates
- Tailgating Kabobs For Game Day
- Vegetable Spring Rolls with Sweet and Sour Mint Sauce
- 15 Mind Blowing Fruit Salsa Recipes
- Cilantro Salsa Recipe with Lime and Jalapeño
Recipe by Tara Teashpoon & Susan Vajaranant, Photography by Susan Vajaranant