Just enough salt makes this Salted Caramel Sauce perfect—with caramelized sugar and vanilla. The now classic flavor of salted caramel wins again!!
There are so many delicious uses for this sauce. In and on pie of course, on fresh apples, on ice cream, cake, cookies. In a cocktail, apple cider or hot chocolate. Let’s go on…comment when you figure out a new one!!
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Combine ½ cup water, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved, then remove spoon.
- Brush inside edges of pan with water to dissolve any sugar crystals. Reduce heat to medium, then allow mixture to boil, gently swirling pan occasionally. Cook to a light amber color, 20 to 25 min, remove from heat and stir in cream and butter with a clean spoon (mixture will bubble, then settle). Stir in vanilla and set aside to cool. Sauce can be refrigerated for up to a month.
- Use this sauce in and on Salted Caramel Apple Pie
Delicious Pie and Tart Recipes
- Almond and Cherry Crostata
- Pumpkin Cream Pie That is Silky and Perfectly Spiced
- No-Bake Cheesecake Dessert Tart
- Maple Caramel Pie with Hazelnuts
- Rustic Apple Tart Recipe with Almond Frangipane
- Ginger Razzleberry Pie Recipe
Recipe by Tara Bench. Food Styling by Tara Bench