Easy Peach Tarts with fresh fruit, creamy topping and flakey crust are what this time of year is all about. These little bites are perfect for a party or playful dessert.
• • •
I have always loved peach season! Mom would buy them by the bushel and spread them out on towels in a spare room. That entire side of the house would smell like wonderful, juicy fruit.
This post may include affiliate links. For more information please see my disclosure agreement.
A few days later the peaches would be perfectly ripe and we'd be elbow deep in peels and juice. Mostly I remember Mom canning fresh peaches. Arranging them in tall jars with a perfectly sweet syrup. In more recent years it was all about freezing. That's the way I prefer to preserve them. Bags and bags of frozen peach slices ready for amazing treats all year long.
If you don't want to make your own pie crust for these easy peach tarts, make it super easy by using prepared dough.
There are few things better than a flavorful fresh peach. These easy peach tarts showcase their appeal. They are like mini peach pies, topped off with a dollop of sweet cream. For this peach tart recipe I kept things mini. That way you get a bite of everything delicious each time, and they are easy to serve to a crowd.
I typically keep a store of my perfect pie crust in the freezer for these fresh fruit moments. All summer long it comes in handy for delicious pies, galettes and tarts like these. If you don't want to make pie crust from scratch, feel free to make these super easy by using the prepared, rolled pie crust sheets.
I rolled my dough and cut it into about 3-inch rounds using a cookie cutter. Brush the crusts with egg wash, sprinkle with sugar for extra sparkle and bake.
I used a little crème fraiche sweetened with sugar for the peaches and cream part of these tarts. Who doesn't love peaches and cream? You can swap in yogurt here too, but I think either adds a beautiful tangy creaminess to the peach tarts.
The perfect peaches and cream dessert, these easy peach tarts are crowd pleasers.
For the peaches I simply stirred a little strained apricot jam on them. This adds a nice glaze and sweet touch. They look gorgeous on these peach tarts topped with green pistachios.
Easy Peach Tarts
- 1 15-oz box (2 sheets) prepared pie pastry, or homemade
- 1 egg
- 3/4 lb peaches or 1-lb bag frozen peaches, thawed
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
- 1 8-oz container créme faîche or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp pistachios coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 375°F. On a floured surface, roll out and cut pastry into 3 1/4-inch-diameter circles. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and poke each circle several times with a fork. Beat together egg and 1 tbsp water and brush over each circle; sprinkle with extra sugar. Bake until golden, 10 to 12 min; let cool.
- Peel and cut peaches into 1/4-inch dice. Heat jam in the microwave until just hot and pass through a fine sieve. Gently toss strained jam with peaches.
- In a bowl, stir together the créme faîche and sugar. Spread about a tablespoon onto each pastry round. Top with glazed peaches and sprinkle with pistachios.
By Tara Teaspoon. Photography Yunhee Kim. Prop Styling Deborah Williams. Originally published in LHJ 8/10