This Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken Sandwich is in my top ten of favorite sandwiches! Grilled chicken is layered with salty bacon and a sweet, spicy jelly for the ultimate bite.
A slightly spicy and sweet pepper jelly is the secret to this ultimate chicken sandwich. Well…and the bacon!
Pounding the chicken thin before grilling makes it the perfect thickness for stacking…with bacon. No slicing and mess required.
Make sure you assemble these quickly, as cooked bacon laying around doesn’t last long. (wink)
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves cut in half horizontally
- Garlic salt and ground black pepper
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
- 8 slices country white bread toasted
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp pepper jelly
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Heat grill, or grill pan to medium high. Pound chicken to create thin cutlets about ¼ inch thick. Season with garlic salt and pepper and grill until cooked through, 4 to 6 min. Place one cheese slice on top of each cutlet to melt.
- To make each sandwich, spread one piece of toast with mayonnaise and one piece with a generous layer of pepper jelly. Fill with chicken, bacon and arugula.
Chicken may be grilled on a grill, grill press or grill pan.