Warm Salmon and Arugula Pasta Salad is one of my favorite ways to enjoy this healthy fish with my greens. Who wouldn’t want the addition of delicious swirls of linguini with their salad?!
Salads with warm ingredients added in, wilting the greens just slightly has got to be one of the most delicious ways to eat salad ever. It feels more like a meal to me, plus I’m eating a salad! I’m tricking my brain into being completely satisfied by a healthy bowl of greens.
This lemony, salmon and pasta version is a winner in my book. Peppery arugula makes it a salad, while a little al dente linguini makes it a filling meal! It’s completely easy to prepare, and cleanup is a breeze because I line my baking sheet with foil to broil the salmon.
Fresh salmon is a healthy fish option because it’s loaded with B bitamin (B12 to be exact), vitamin D and the antioxidant selenium. Of course we also want to eat plenty of salmon because its a great source of omega-3 fatty acids and niacin. It’s high in protein, so it’s filling in a light dinner meal.
Rubbing the salmon with seasonings and letting it sit for just a few minutes allows the salt to penetrate and helps the fish come out perfectly moist and flavorful.
Warm Salmon and Arugula Pasta Salad meets all of my delicious dinner needs! Healthy and filling!
I use a combo of lemon zest, salt and coriander. Coriander is a spice (the seed of the cilantro plant in fact) that has an almost lemony scent and flavor. It’s still savory though and adds a nice element. I use ground coriander for this recipe, but you can also crush the seeds if you have them.
The tomatoes get perfectly warm and flavorful when tossed with the hot pasta and salmon, and the goat cheese melts just enough to almost make a sauce. You will thank me for your new favorite go-to dinner after making this. Let me know how you like it!
Warm Salmon and Arugula Pasta Salad is one of my favorite ways to enjoy this healthy fish with my greens. Who wouldn't want the addition of delicious swirls of linguini with their salad?!
- 1½ lbs salmon fillet with skin
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp plus 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb linguini fini
- 1 pint grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 small shallot peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 oz soft plain goat cheese, crumbled plus additional for garnish
- 5 oz baby arugula
- Freshly ground pepper optional
- Line a large baking sheet with foil. Rinse salmon and pat dry; place, skin side down, on baking sheet. Combine half of lemon zest, the coriander and ½ tsp kosher salt in a small bowl. Brush top of salmon with 2 tsp oil and rub with zest mixture. Let stand at room temperature 10 min.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 7 min; drain.
- Preheat boiler and arrange rack 4 inches from heat. Broil salmon 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well. Transfer on baking sheet to rack and let cool slightly.
- Peel skin off salmon (discard skin) and flake into a large serving bowl. Add tomatoes, shallot, cheese, arugula, pasta, remaining lemon zest, 1 tsp kosher salt and 3 tbsp oil to bowl; toss gently to combine. Garnish with cheese and season with pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
- A great pasta dish with added fresh greens.
For other delicious pasta dishes and easy dinners, try these from TaraTeaspoon.com!
Mushroom Chicken Cream Pasta makes a simple and easy meal, with lean chicken and a creamy sauce.
Spinach and Chicken Enchiladas Bake is a breeze using prepared polenta, with all your favorite Mexican flavors.
This post may include affiliate links. For more information please see my disclosure agreement.