Pan searing in lemon butter is an easy way to cook salmon. The flavors are rich and savory and a cucumber salad on the side is crunchy and fresh.
A dollop of Hood's creamy, Cottage Cheese with Cracked Pepper is fresh and delicious on top of this lemon butter salmon. The crunchy salad on the side makes for a perfect, and easy dinner.
I partnered with Hood Cottage Cheese to create recipes using their new cottage cheese flavor, Cracked Pepper!
Hood's cottage cheese is such a versatile food and there are so many flavors, both savory and sweet, to choose from. You know it as a tasty addition to breakfast or as a snack, but it's even great for easy dinners and side dishes!
I knew I wanted a creamy topping for my pan seared salmon, and this unsung hero of the dairy world was the perfect addition.
You can find Hood Cottage Cheese in your city here.
Quick-click table of contents:
What seasoning is good on salmon?
Oh my goodness, I couldn't be more happy with the combo of butter, garlic and lemon. These three ingredients are my perfect seasoning for salmon.
I melt the butter, with some olive oil in the pan to help prevent the butter from burning. Add the garlic and let it flavor the butter and oil.
Salt and pepper are a must for salmon. The richness needs the extra flavor it can give.
I added tons of herbs to this lemon butter salmon recipe because I wanted even more of a fresh punch and a depth to the dish. Add the herbs at the end of cooking so the flavor just bursts, but doesn't cook away.
Obviously I love to cook with salmon!
Try my other salmon recipes:
How to cook salmon in a frying pan:
This is a great way to make salmon on the stove.
I use a cast iron skillet, but you can use a nice, large non-stick skillet if you prefer. The cast iron skillet is naturally non-stick and has an even heat.
I pan fry my salmon without the skin. I don't need that extra fat or flavor, so I prepare the filets, or have the fish monger give them to me without the skin.
Serve a salad with lemon butter salmon.
I love the fresh combination of cucumber and tomatoes for a salad with salmon. It is crunchy, juicy and tangy all at once.
The tangy flavors of the tomatoes and the dressing cut the richness of the salmon just perfectly.
The salad comes together in just minutes, and is even better if it sits for a few extra moments.
Hood's cottage cheese added a creamy freshness to finish the dish. I love that it's already packed with the fun flavor of cracked pepper. A seriously easy way to spruce up the entire meal.
Lemon Butter Salmon Recipe with Cucumber Salad
- ¾ of an English cucumber
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- 2 lemons
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup minced herbs (any mix of any parsley, chives, or dill) plus more for garnish
- 6 4-oz boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1½ cups Hood Cottage Cheese with Cracked Pepper
Make the salad:
- Slice cucumber into thin slices (use a mandolin if you have one) and toss with tomatoes and red onion.
- Juice one lemon and season with ¼ tsp kosher salt. Whisk in 2 tablespoons olive oil and drizzle over cucumbers. Add 1 tablespoon of the minced herbs and toss salad together. Set aside.
Make the salmon:
- In a large (12-inch) non-stick or cast iron skillet, over medium-high heat, melt butter, 1 tablespoon olive oil and garlic together. Season salmon with salt and pepper and add to the hot butter. Sauté until the bottom is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes, and turn fillets over. Cook another 1 to 2 minutes until salmon is just cooked through, or cooked to your desired doneness. Salmon should register 125°F internally on a meat thermometer.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Add lemons and remaining 3 tablespoons herbs to the skillet and let cook about 1 minute. remove pan from heat.
- Serve lemons and herb butter with salmon and cucumber salad. Top salmon with a dollop of Hood Cottage Cheese. Garnish salad and salmon with extra herbs if desired.
Main Dish Recipes
- How To Grill Pork Tenderloin: Topped with Goat Cheese, Rosemary, and Honey
- The Best Mexican Meatballs With Chipotle And Adobo
- Creamy Tomato Soup with Chicken
- Real Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- The Best Holiday Appetizer - Christmas Tree Lettuce Wraps
Recipe by Tara Teaspoon. Photography Ty Mecham. 08/19