This honey glazed carrots recipe, with garlic and lemon for added flavor, is a simple and crowd-pleasing side. Make this carrot side dish for a weeknight meal or special holiday dinner.
Glazed carrots are one of the most welcoming side dishes. Everyone from kids to adults love them; and these honey glazed baby carrots are no exception.
That honey enhances the sweetness of the carrots while garlic and lemon add a touch of sophistication.
This easy stovetop recipe won't disappoint, and I'll bet you have all the ingredients at home already!
Honey Glazed Baby Carrots Recipe
Baby carrots are time savers and you usually have a bag in your produce drawer. These easy glazed carrots use those already peeled, cleaned baby carrots!
With a classic honey glaze everyone loves, you won't regret adding this recipe to your weekly meal plan.
Baby Carrot side dish
Glazed carrots on the stovetop come together quickly, especially when you use already-peeled baby carrots right out of the bag! Honey glazed carrot recipes can be made with any shape or size of carrot though.
For my Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots I use baby French carrots that still have a little green stem on top. They look fancy and special.
You can cut standard carrots from a bag into rounds or medallions, or sticks like my Rosemary Roasted Glazed Carrots.
Carrots with green tops also work and you can cook these whole, in a large braiser on the stovetop, if you want a fancy presentation.
Add all the ingredients to a skillet that has a tight-fitting lid. You'll stem the carrots with the butter and honey until they are tender and that's all you have to do.
Here are the basics you'll need for the carrot glaze recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter. Use salted or unsalted.
- 3 tablespoons honey. Use raw, or whatever you have on hand.
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt. I like the mild flavor of kosher salt as opposed to table salt.
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice. This adds a bright acidity to the sweet dish.
- 1 clove minced garlic. Adds a lovely savory flavor.
- 1 pound baby carrots. These are already peeled and washed.
- 2 tablespoons water adds moisture to the pan for steaming.
- Chopped parsley is an optional garnish. You can also use chopped scallions or another herb.
Cover and steam the carrots for about 15 minutes until tender. Then uncover the pan and let the carrots cook for about 2 minutes until all the liquid is reduced and carrots become glazed.
More carrot side dish recipes
- Miso Glazed Carrots
- Shredded Carrot Salad
- Potato and Carrot Gratin
- Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Beets and Roasted Carrots
Let me know how it went!
Scroll to the bottom of the page to rate ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and comment on this recipe. Leaving comments helps other too!
Honey Glazed Baby Carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 bag (1 pound bag) baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- chopped parsley optional
- In a large skillet over low heat melt the butter with the honey, salt, lemon juice and garlic. Add carrots and water and stir to coat the carrots with the seasonings. Cover and steam until just fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Uncover, and increase heat to medium high. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until the liquid is almost gone and turned into a glaze. Serve immediately sprinkled with parsley if desired.
Awesome Side Dish Recipes!
- Two Potatoes au Gratin with Gruyere
- Warm Kale Butternut Squash Salad
- Easy Boston Baked Beans (with Canned Beans)
- Authentic Creamy Cuban Black Beans
- Shredded Carrot Salad with Apple and Lime
- Sweet and Super Moist Gluten-Free Cornbread
- Best Panzanella Salad Recipe with Artichokes
- Baba Ganoush Recipe Loaded with Roasted Veggies