Pistachio Pesto Pasta with shredded zucchini makes a great dinner, to-go picnic staple or the perfect packed lunch.
Take it from me, adding pistachios to a pesto sauce rocks an everyday pasta dish like no other ingredient. With some fresh zucchini and bright pop of lemon and arugula you’ll want to make this at least once a week.
This post is sponsored by Wonderful Pistachios No Shells. This post may include affiliate links, see my disclosure agreement.
What makes this pistachio pasta so versatile? Eat this pistachio pesto pasta right after you make it, or pack it for a picnic, take it to a BBQ or grab it for lunch the next day. Coating the pasta with flavorful pesto and adding raw zucchini makes it a dish that can hold up in the fridge and be enjoyed now, or later.
How to cook with pistachios:
Ah the great pistachio. The task of shelling each one to get to the green, sweet deliciousness! It may just put you over the edge if you have to shell a cup of these lovelies. In steps Wonderful Pistachios No Shells. They have the same rich taste and crunchy texture of pistachios, minus the shells of course. Wonderful Pistachios No Shells are available (in their eye-catching bright green packaging) in Roasted & Salted as well as Lightly Salted. So I can choose exactly what I want to use in my recipes.
How to make pistachio pesto:
You know I love pesto, and mixing unique ingredients into my pesto like sun dried tomatoes or arugula and hazelnuts. So swapping the classic pine nuts, or pignoli, for Wonderful Pistachios No Shells was a no-brainer. The classic basil is substituted by fresh parsley and potent arugula. Tons of lemon juice and olive oil balance out the sweet flavor of the nuts.
Pistachio pesto pasta with shredded zucchini makes a great everyday dinner. Plus is great the next day as lunch or a packed picnic side.
I added fresh zucchini, loads of it, to this pasta to not only add healthy veggies, but to have another ingredient to cover delicious pistachio pesto with! By shredding, or cutting the zucchini into julienne strips, it becomes easy to eat and is tender enough to keep raw. No extra cooking necessary.
How to shred or julienne zucchini? You can totally shred it on the large holes of a box grater, or use a mandoline with the julienne blade. But the most simple way I find is to use a julienne peeler. Hold it right in your hand and make the shreds and long or short as you like! I love it!
Pistachio Pesto Pasta with Shredded Zucchini
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley
- 3 cups packed baby arugula
- ¾ cup No Shells Roasted Salted Pistachios
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups julienned zucchini
- 1 lb penne pasta cooked
- In a food processor combine the parsley, 2 cups of the arugula, ½ cup pistachios, lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Blend until mixture is very finely chopped.
- Combine cooked pasta, pesto and zucchini and toss in remaining arugula. Sprinkle with remaining pistachios to serve.
Try other recipes with No Shell Pistachios:
Try Delicious Pasta Recipes Today
- Ham and Pea Pasta with Parmesan and Basil
- A Collection Of The Best Summer Pasta Salad Recipes
- Pasta With Bacon, Tomato and Yellow Squash
- Pasta Bake: Ravioli with Fresh Tomatoes and Spinach
- Italian Tomato and Eggplant Skillet Pasta
- Easy Sausage Stuffed Shells
- Fresh Green Pesto Pasta with Lemon Ricotta Cream
- Warm Salmon and Arugula Pasta Salad
Recipe by Tara Teaspoon. Photos by Ty Mecham.