Roast Parsnips with Sage Butter are a sophisticated, warm side dish that will diversify your meal. The recipe is easy to make, flavorful and comforting.
Roast Parsnips with Sage Butter bring a rich flavor to your table, while requiring minimal work to prepare. They serve as the perfect veggie side dish. Whether they are for a holiday meal, Sunday dinner, or a weeknight Meatless Monday, you'll be delighted with the sweet, roasted parsnip flavor and earthy sage addition.
Parsnips are root vegetables, very similar to carrots. They are sweeter than other root vegetables, and add rich flavor to any dish. Parsnips can be prepared in almost any way; for this easy side dish, I made roast parsnips. They're also delicious boiled and mashed like potatoes. I love swapping mashed parsnips in for mashers on a Sunday dinner.
What pan should I roast vegetables in?
I roast parsnips and other vegetables a lot in the cold months. Once those yummy root veggies start popping up in season at the market or grocer store, I grab them and roast away. Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of veggies and I love that bit of caramelization that happens. Even better, I haven't had to slave over the stove, it's all done for me in the oven.
I simply roast my veggies in a half-sheet pan. Or a rimmed baking sheet. It's easy to clean and the metal heat quickly and holds it's hot, searing heat in my oven.
Parsnips are root vegetables, similar to carrots. They are fantastic roasted because it brings out the natural sweetness.
I drizzled my roast parsnips with a simple sage butter to finish them. Most weeknights you don't need this fancy touch, you could just chop fresh herbs and sprinkle them on your roasted veggies. However, for a special side dish I think the sage butter takes them to another level!
How to make Roast Parsnips with Sage Butter:
- Roast peeled and sliced parsnips in oven for 20 to 25 minutes
- Cook until golden brown and set aside
- In a saucepan, cook butter and sage until butter browns and sage crisps
- Pour butter and sage leaves over roasted parsnips
Sage butter is always delicious and pairs with almost any roasted vegetable. You can even use it as a sauce for your gnocchi or to pour over cooked meat.
Roast Parsnips With Sage Butter
- 2 lbs parsnips peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 15 to 20 to 20 sage leaves
- Heat oven to 375F°. Toss together parsnips, oil and salt in a shallow roasting pan. Roast until tender and golden brown, 20 to 25 min. Transfer to a serving platter.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook butter and sage until butter just begins to brown and sage is crisped, 2 to 3 min. Pour over parsnips and serve.
Awesome Side Dish Recipes!
- Butternut Squash and Kale with Brown Rice and Pomegranates
- A Collection Of The Best Summer Pasta Salad Recipes
- Sweet and Super Moist Gluten-Free Cornbread
- Homemade Soft and Sweet Cornbread
- Choose Your Favorite: Easy Recipes For Potato Salad
- The Best Easter Dinner Side Dishes