It's all about presentation with these sunny skewers. Marinated to take on a yellow color from turmeric, these kabobs look great arranged on a platter to look delicious!
Even the simplest things can look fantastically impressive on the table with a little thought. These chicken skewers are great for dinner, but make such a fun party platter that they scream to be served in a giant circle for a crowd! And have you tasted sweet chili sauce? …with, like, everything!
Quick-click Table of Contents:
Party skewers with chicken:
These are great warm or at room temperature, so you’re set for a potluck, party or game day! [Insert favorite team cheer here]
Easy to prep ahead and fun to serve. You can have them ready to go on the grill when the party arrives and they're on the table in minutes.
These kabobs for a crowd are marinated in spices and lemon then paired with tangy and sweet pineapple and grape tomatoes. What a winning combination for a party.
I love a good skewer or kabob recipe. Try some of my other grilled kabobs:
- Grilled Pita Salad with Lemon Chicken Kabobs
- 15 Kabobs for Tailgating on Game Day
- Easy Pork Kabobs with Orange and Chipotle
- Sesame Chicken Skewers with Ginger Slaw
What to serve with chicken skewers:
After threading these marinated pieces of delicious chicken on bamboo skewers, grill them, and serve them with sauce.
You don't even have to make a special sauce! Sweet chili sauce right from the jar is to die for. There's hardly any spice in this tasty pink sauce with "chili" in the name. It's mostly a sweet and tangy dip that pairs well with these flavorful kabobs.
Sunshine Chicken Skewers
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1½ lbs boneless chicken breast
- ¾ ripe pineapple cut into small wedges
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- Cooking spray
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Combine the spices, garlic, salt, olive oil and lemon juice; stir into a paste.
- Slice the chicken into about 36 thin strips and place in a ziptop plastic bag with the spice paste. Seal the bag and turn the chicken to it gets well coated with the spices. Chill for 1 to 2 hr.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water, then thread each skewer with a piece of pineapple, a strip of chicken and a tomato. Heat grill to medium high. Spray chicken with cooking spray and then place on the grill. Cook just until done, turning once, 7 to 8 min total.
- Arrange on a round platter with a bowl of sweet chili sauce in the center for dipping.
Appetizers, Nibble and Finger Foods
- Moroccan Lamb Meatballs With Apricot Glaze
- Baba Ganoush Recipe Loaded with Roasted Veggies
- Vegetarian Meatballs With Harissa Are The Best Meatless Meatballs
- French Onion Phyllo Cups: Tartlets with Gruyere and Pickled Pomegranates
- Tailgating Kabobs For Game Day
- Vegetable Spring Rolls with Sweet and Sour Mint Sauce
- 15 Mind Blowing Fruit Salsa Recipes
- Cilantro Salsa Recipe with Lime and Jalapeño