An Earl Grey Cocktail is the perfect tea cocktail. This sip gives you a sophisticated taste with a slightly sweet finish.
Tea is a perfect ingredient for creating new cocktails. And Earl Grey tea is the perfect one to make this refreshing alcoholic tea cocktail! Grab some Earl Grey tea from your cupboard and let’s get started.
Earl Grey tea is traditionally made with black tea and bergamot oil, giving it a rich but citrusy flavor. Besides making a delicious tea, it's used to flavor cakes and chocolates. Today we are making it into a cocktail!
This Earl Grey Cocktail is a simple and refreshing alcoholic tea.
To make the Earl Grey Cocktail, a chic cocktail infused with tea, all you need to do is add simple syrup (instructions below) to prepared tea and top it off with fresh lemon juice and rum. It’s as easy as that!
Make sure to make your tea and cool it. You don't want a hot tea mixed with the other elements and ice or it will water down quickly.
How to make simple syrup:
- Simmer equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan until sugar dissolves
- Cool before using
If you’re throwing a cocktail party and need more drink recipes, or if you’re just looking to change up your signature drink, check out my recipe for Elderflower and Grape Spritzer. It too is refreshing and unique.
Tea cocktails are fun, and a great way to switch things up!
What’s a cocktail without the garnishes? I am all about presentation, and my drinks are no exception.
How to garnish the Earl Grey Cocktail:
- For a lemon curl use a vegetable peeler. Peel the lemon in a circular motion for a good curl, instead of a straight strip.
- Use whole herb sprigs in place of a stir stick. And beauty doesn’t have to be on the rim, slices of fruit mixed with the ice are also considered garnishes.
So sit back and relax, and enjoy this sophisticated tea cocktail perfect for any gathering.
Earl Grey Glory Cocktail
- 2 cups Earl Grey Tea
- ½ cup Simple syrup
- 6 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup Rum
- In a pitcher, stir all ingredients together.
- Pour over large ice cubes in cocktail glasses.
- Garnish with lemon curl.
Refreshing & fun drink recipes
- The Perfect Pina Colada
- Fresh Mint Limeade – With Real Limes or Concentrate
- Protein Powder Smoothie Flavor Mix-Ins
- Kumquat Thyme Cocktail And Easy Ways To Use Simple Syrup
- Tropical Vacation Mango Smoothie
- Protein Booster Almond and Banana Smoothie
- Refreshing Fruit Drink: Peach Ginger Fizz
- Tart Cherry Lime Granita
Photography Ty Mecham. Recipe and food styling Tara Teaspoon. Prop styling Veronica Olson. Editor Ruby Neff.