Combining the chocolaty goodness of brownies with peanut butter fudge makes this dessert practically irresistible.
Peanut Butter Brownie Cake, or Can-I-Get-A-Boyfriend Peanut Butter Brownie Cake as I like to call it, takes a simple chocolate brownie cake recipe and elevates it with two layers of cream cheese and peanut butter frosting.
Quick-click table of contents:
Peanut butter takes your classic chocolate brownie mix to a whole new level.
This recipe was created for my sweet friend Camas. For her birthday, she requested peanut butter brownies. I have a peanut butter icing for brownies recipe already, but, since I love my friend and I love to embellish simple recipes, I decided to create this two-tier chocolate brownie cake with a whipped peanut butter frosting.
I won Camas’ approval, as well as that of family, friends and even strangers. So, I figure that if I serve this cake to a cute guy, his mind will be blown by its magic and will subsequently want to be my boyfriend. I suggest the same plan for anyone in the boyfriend market.
This recipe is the perfect marriage of peanut butter brownies and chocolate brownie cake.
For more indulgent desserts you can make with brownie mix, try my amazing Think Outside of the Box Brownies.
This take on a peanut butter brownie is a great go-to because it’s decadent and so simple to make.
How to make brownie cake:
For the cake, use any chocolate brownie mix, separate the batter in two and bake until just cooked through. After you've let the pans cool, pipe the peanut butter fudge frosting on both tiers and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
How to make Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting:
- In a mixing bowl, beat peanut butter, butter, cream cheese and salt
- Mix in powdered sugar (mixture will be stiff)
- Add milk and beat until smooth
Peanut Butter Brownie Cake
- 1 box brownie mix batter prepared
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2½ tbsp milk
- Chopped peanuts for garnish
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Line two 8-inch or 7-inch round pans with circles of parchment and spray with cooking spray. (7-inch pans will create thicker layers). Divide brownie batter between the two pans. Bake until just cooked through, about 35 min. Cool brownies completely.
- In a mixing bowl beat together the peanut butter, butter, cream cheese and salt. Mix in the confectioners’ sugar, mixture will be stiff, then add the milk and beat until smooth.
- If piping, transfer frosting to a piping bag fitted with a #825 open star tip. Remove parchment from the bottoms of the brownie cakes and place one on a serving platter. Pipe or spread half the frosting on the surface. Place the other brownie cake on top and pipe or spread the remaining frosting on top. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
The best frosting recipes to make
- Lemon Lover's Layer Cake
- Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- The Best Frosting For Cookies
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Simple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Best Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting
Recipe and photos by Tara Teaspoon