If you like the classic candy bar, you'll go nuts for this creamy, spoonable dessert. It's a delectable Almond joy parfait, perfect for leftover Halloween candy.
When Halloween comes around, the stores seem to fill with nothing but candy! It is almost impossible to avoid all of that sweetness. But if you must eat Halloween candy, you might as well make it classy.
Oh and these are soooo classy. And tasty...and creamy...and parfait-y.
A lot of people like to throw Halloween candy in cookie mixes. I mean, what are you going to do with so much candy?? However, when I indulge, I'm going to indulge in style.
Layer the ingredients in a Mason jar and put it in the fridge for a treat when the kids go to bed. (Nobody will believe you stole the candy, right?) Or assemble in pretty parfait cups for your next Halloween party!
Almond Joy is the best candy bar
I layered the best chocolate bar with cake, pudding and cream and called it glamorous. Oh what? You didn't know Almond Joy was the best chocolate bar? Welp, now you do.
This dessert version takes the flavors of the Almond Joy ingredients-- chocolate, coconut, and almond--and then enhances them. Add coconut extract, chocolate cake, and top with toasted almonds. I especially love the coconut cream that keeps my parfait nice and fluffy!
So raid the kids' pillowcases for those little minis and dive in.
Almond Joy In A Jar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- ½ tsp coconut extract
- 1 box chocolate pudding mix prepared
- 2 cups baked chocolate cake cubed
- 10 mini Almond Joy bars chopped
- Toasted sliced almonds
- Whip cream, sugar and coconut extract until soft peaks form. Fill the bottom of six 10-oz jars or glasses with a few tablespoons of chocolate pudding. Add a layer of cake cubes and candy bar pieces, then whipped coconut cream. Top with more pudding. Add another layer of cake and candy bar pieces.
- Dollop coconut cream on top and garnish with toasted almonds.
Spooky & Fun Halloween Recipes
- Homemade Halloween Treats
- Halloween Spiderweb Caramel Apples
- Pumpkin Marshmallows on Cupcakes
- Halloween Monster Chicken Sliders
- Polka Dot Halloween Cupcakes
- Eerie Eyeball Cake For Halloween• Tara Teaspoon
. Recipes by Tara Bench. Original published in LHJ Oct 2013. Photography William Brinson. Prop Styling Michelle Wong. Food Styling Christine Albano