The meat you’ve been missing can take center stage for dinner tonight. The delicious reasons you should be eating lamb kabobs.
Zesty marinated meat and veggies make these lamb kabobs a delicious summer meal. Serve with warm flatbread and you have a dinner no one can resist. Let me talk about the biggest reason: lamb! Lamb is a favorite dish in many parts the world, more so than here in the states. It’s no wonder why, lamb is tender and flavorful.
You can prepare the kabobs early in the day and they will be ready to lay on the grill when you are! I grill the flatbread just for a minute when the meat and veggies are almost done. Use the bread as a side, or leave it whole and make a little lamb, veggie sandwich wrap right in the grilled bread.
Tell me how you like these tasty summer kabobs, and if there’s a favorite way you love to cook lamb!
Zesty marinated meat and veggies make a delicious summer meal. Serve with warm flatbread.
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 to 2¼ lbs boneless lamb leg, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium zucchini or summer squash, cut into ½-inch-thick pieces, (or yellow pattypan squash, pre-coooked in boiling water for 3 min)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 6 pieces flatbread
- Stir together vinegar, lemon juice, oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Reserve ⅓ cup, then combine meat with remaining mixture and marinate in fridge for 1 to 4 hrs.
- Heat grill to medium high. Discard marinade and thread meat onto skewers; thread zucchini and tomatoes onto separate skewers and brush with reserved sauce. Grill until meat is cooked, about 10 min for medium-rare or 12 min for medium. Cook zucchini until just tender, about 10 min, and grill tomatoes until just soft and skin is cracking, 2 min.
- Brush meat and vegetables with more of the reserved sauce and serve with flatbread.
So many possibilities for a summer evening and so easy, too! You might also like Sunshine Chicken Skewers. Big and little children will like eating dinner from a stick!
If you’re not grilling this season, why not try “breakfast for dinner” for a tasty evening meal. I love this Dutch Baby Pancake With Lemon and Blackberries. Your family will flip over it!