Raise your hand if you like cream cheese frosting!
(Please tell me I’m not the only one with both hands raised)
This is the chocolate, luscious, delicious, elegant, perfect version of cream cheese frosting. It is great on yellow cake, chocolate cake and red velvet cake (that red cake that is just a vehicle for cream cheese frosting). Oh and cupcakes. And graham crackers. And your finger.
I most recently used it on the Broken Bones Graveyard Cake for Halloween!
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa, sifted
- 1 lb (4 cups) confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tbsp milk
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and cream cheese together until creamy, about 2 min. Stir in cocoa. Add sugar, 1 cup at a time, mixing well. Beat in vanilla extract and milk and stir until smooth. Can be refrigerated up to one week; bring to room temperature and stir before using.
Recipe by Tara Bench