I'm sharing one of my favorite childhood snacks: yummy, homemade frosting sandwiched between two graham crackers. These nostalgic treats have to be the easiest graham cracker cookie recipe ever.
The absolute easiest graham cracker cookie recipe
No-bake. Two ingredients. Snack or dessert. These tasty treats have been around forever, and they are the greatest cookie ever!
Ok, maybe not the greatest. That title is reserved for my award-winning chocolate chip cookies.
Sometimes you just need a quick, comforting dessert to get you through the day. And since you don't have time to pull out your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe every time your sweet tooth kicks in, you need a foolproof recipe that comes together quickly!
That's where these graham cracker sandwiches really shine. Even better: the kids can make them for you!
My childhood favorite: graham cracker snacks
I LOVED graham cracker sandwiches as a kid! And honestly, I still love them as an adult. But I have some fun childhood memories attached to these that explain my affinity.
Whenever we had leftover frosting, my mom would serve up graham cracker and frosting sandwiches as an after-school snack.
I remember being so excited when I saw a little plate of my favorite treat on the kitchen counter when I got home.
Graham crackers uses:
These two-ingredient cookies were one use my childhood mind knew for graham crackers. The other was graham crackers and milk. We would break the crackers into 1 inch squares, add them to a glass of milk and spoon them out in delicious bites. You had to eat fast so they wouldn't get soggy!
The other thing that I knew graham crackers were useful for was graham cracker crust for pies, tarts and Hello Dollies (or 5-in-one bars).
Graham crackers and icing:
The icing or frosting is really the most important part of these no-bake cookies.
Sure, you could buy a can of that frosting, but whipping up a batch isn't hard and tastes SO much better.
I'm kind of a frosting fanatic–a huge fan in fact. Almost any of my frosting recipes would work for this graham cracker cookie recipe.
A few of my favorite frosting and icing from scratch recipes:
- Best Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Creamy Caramel Icing
- Fluffy Chocolate Frosting
- Best Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- Simple Cream Cheese Frosting
Easy graham cracker dessert
You know that I love easy desserts. Anything that tastes amazing and takes minimal effort is genius in my book.
Using graham crackers in crusts is a shortcut that tastes so yummy. Graham cracker crust comes together super fast and is less effort than a traditional pie crust.
Here are a few of my favorite easy graham cracker desserts to try at home.
Classic Graham Cracker and Frosting Cookies
- 1 cup frosting (any flavor will do!)
- 8 whole graham crackers
- Spread about ¼ cup frosting on 4 whole (double squares) graham crackers. Top with remaining 4 crackers. You can add sprinkles to the edges if desired.
- Eat them right away, or store them in an airtight container for a few hours to soften, and store up to 3 days.
Tasty cookie recipes!
- Magnificent and Easy Coconut Macaroons with Variations
- Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies: Almond Ginger Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Moravian Spice Cookies with Honey - Spiced Honey Snaps
- No-Bake Cookies for Halloween - Easy Graham Cracker Sandwiches with Sprinkles
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies In The World
- Black Sesame Chocolate Chip Cookies with Soy Sauce
- Chick and Bunny No-Bake Cookies for Easter
- The Best Frosting For Cookies